Just look at those macros – these are the ULTIMATE fat snacks! Macadamias are my favourite nut: they are high in fat and mind-blowingly rich in flavour when roasted. If you can spend 15 minutes once or twice a week to prepare a batch of these, you will have plenty of servings of these super-tasty, satisfying fat snacks. After roasting them, I scattered over a pinch of salt and Swerve® as soon as they came out of the oven, then allowed them to cool completely before storing in a sealed container. The macros are calculated on a portion size of 35g / 1.2oz roasted macadamia nuts – which is ample for a quick snack to get those fat macros higher, or satisfy your desire to crunch on something delicious between meals. They smell like popcorn and taste like heaven!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.6g | Fat 28g | Protein 2.8g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Best-ever Roasted Macadamia Nuts (Keto)
- 250 g (8.8 oz) macadamia nuts
- pinch salt
- pinch Swerve® sweetener, confectioners
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Remove the nuts from the packet in small handfuls and spread out on a tray lined with parchment paper. (I do this because emptying all the contents from the packet will result in the nut ‘dust’ that is present at the bottom of the packet from being added and burning.)
- Place the tray into the oven for 15 minutes, shaking and rotating the tray after 8 minutes to ensure even roasting. (Work swiftly, as you do not want the oven door open too long as you will lose heat.)
- Remove the tray from the oven and scatter over a pinch of salt and a pinch of Swerve while still hot. Toss to evenly coat.
- Allow the nuts to cool completely before storing in a sealed container. Happy munching!
A new-and-improved version of this delicious recipe features in my cookbook KETO KITCHEN.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 269Kcal / 1125kJ
See all the Snacks & Fat Bomb recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.