You can’t go wrong with a great Homemade Pesto which offers massive flavours. Here, I cooked down some spinach for a lovely buttery texture, then simply stirred the cooked spinach and pesto into my Basic Keto Gnocchi. Yum! If this may seem like a rich, filling meal for two people, serve it to four as a light meal or side dish and halve the macros accordingly. If, however, you prefer a nut-free gnocchi, my favourite version is the Fried Keto Gnocchi (Nut-free), which – if you decide to use instead – will come in even lower in carbs!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6.3g | Fat 81g | Protein 29g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Spinach and Pesto Keto Gnocchi
- Prepare the gnocchi as per the FOL Keto Gnocchi recipe on this site. As mentioned in that recipe, drizzle a little olive oil over and set aside to keep warm if you have not yet made your sauce.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts completely. Use your spatula to 'chop' it up and it cooks down.
- Add the pesto to the pan to gently warm through then add the cooked gnocchi. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 868Kcal / 3632kJ
See all the Dinner Ideas on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: