Nuts are an ideal keto snack as they are high in fat and fibre. However, the amount you snack on should be monitored. Peanuts are not permitted on keto, but there are plenty of other tasty options. These roasted nuts are moreish with a lovely hint of rosemary and heat from the cayenne pepper which you can adjust according to your preference. I scatter over a very small pinch of sweetener as soon as it comes out of the oven, but this is entirely optional. Since you are roasting and seasoning the nuts yourself, please purchase unroasted, unsalted whole nuts for this recipe. If you like this recipe, you will LOVE the Roasted Macadamia Nuts (my personal favourite).
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 4.1g | Fat 42g | Protein 9.9g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Spicy Rosemary Roasted Nuts (Keto)
- 65 g (2.3 oz) macadamia nuts
- 65 g (2.3 oz) whole almonds
- 65 g (2.3 oz) Brazil nuts
- 65 g (2.3 oz) hazelnuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- pinch Swerve® sweetener, confectioners
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Place all the nuts into a bowl and add the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Rinse the rosemary under water, shake dry and add to the nuts. Mix well to combine and spread out on a large roasting tray lined with baking parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, shaking and rotating the tray after 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle over a very small pinch of sweetener. Mix well and set aside to cool completely. Pick out and discard the rosemary. Sift the ‘dust’ from the nuts in a sieve and store the nuts in a sealed container (only once they have cooled completely). Lush!
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 436Kcal / 1824kJ
See all the Snacks and Fat Bombs on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: