Dreamy grilled lamb cutlets finished in a creamy-garlic-white-wine and thyme sauce. Extraordinarily tasty! No long-winded headnote needed here, what’s not to love? If you love lamb as much as I do (it’s my favourite red meat), try the Peppered Lamb Ribs recipe too.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.5g | Fat 53g | Protein 58g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Lamb Cutlets in Creamy Garlic Thyme Sauce (Keto)
- 4 lamb cutlets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 TB picked thyme leaves
- 2 TB dry white wine
- 85 g (3 oz) double cream
- pink Himalayan salt
- Remove the lamb cutlets from its packaging and pat dry with kitchen paper. Season both sides with a little salt and generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- The lamb can either be grilled on the braai (BBQ) or on the stove top. Just get some good colour on both sides without overcooking them. I advise grilling the fat side first to render and crisp that glorious strip of heaven, before cooking each side. This may involve some careful balancing the chops side by side on their fatty side but it’s worth it.
- While the lamb is cooking, prepare the accompanying sauce. Heat the butter in the pan and lightly fry the chopped garlic on a very low heat, being very careful not to burn it.
- Add the thyme, followed by the white wine to deglaze the pan. The heat should still be very low, but the wine will continue to reduce. Once it has almost completely evaporated, add the cream and stir well to combine.
- Lamb should be cooked medium, so remove it from the grill and add to the creamy sauce and increase the heat to medium. The sauce should thicken on a higher heat, the flavours will develop, and the lamb will cook to perfection in the sauce. It shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes.
- Once the sauce is thick enough to coat the lamb cutlets, remove the pan from the heat and serve, season with pink Himalayan salt if needed.
A new-and-improved version of this delicious recipe features in my cookbook KETO KITCHEN.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 722Kcal / 3020kJ
See all the Beef & Lamb recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.