Funnyman enjoys my Cauliflower Pizza and Fathead Pizza, but sometime around summer 2018 I stumbled upon a company called Lo-Dough® that launched a new product (available in the UK only, it seems). Their ‘bread’ pieces (look like wraps) can be used as wraps or quick pizza bases. At 2.2g carbs per piece and high in fibre, I thought they were a good buy. I encourage you to give them a try and let me know what you think. They are pricey so I advise placing a small order at first to see if they are for you.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 8.1g | Fat 37g | Protein 27g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Low-carb Salami Pizza (using Lo-Dough®)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Combine the cream cheese and tomato concentrate in a small bowl and set aside. Assuming you are doing one pizza at a time, open your packet of Lo-Dough® and remove one piece.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan over moderately high heat. Place the piece of Lo-Dough® in the pan and cook for a minute or two on each side until slightly browned and toasted.
- Remove the Lo-Dough® from the pan and spread the tomato cheese mixture on one side.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and top with the slices of salami. Place the pizza onto a tray and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Season with pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a few drops of Tabasco and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Top with fresh avocado*, if desired (*not included in the macros below).
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per whole pizza
Calories 477Kcal / 1996kJ
Wheat fibre (gluten-free according to Lo-Dough®)
Sulphites (may contain)
Mustard (may contain)
Sesame (may contain)
See all the Low-carb Dinner recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.