I know I am coming late to the concept of a cauliflower-crust pizza, but its because I wanted to try it myself and develop a recipe that I know is tasty and that works! Follow my version below and your gut will thank you: it’s not only high in fibre, but with the addition of tasty, low carb toppings, you could fool yourself and your family that you are having The Real Thing. (1 pizza = 2 servings, and it comes in at 11g carbs per serving (including toppings). If you aren’t convinced, do try out my Fathead Pizza Base, which is just as delicious!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 11g | Fat 38g | Protein 26g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Exciting news for foodies: Monya’s cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London 2020) is coming to the market this summer. Its currently available to pre-order on Amazon.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. I also send a short e-blast at the end of every month, sign up here to ensure you never miss a recipe. If you loved the recipe and want to show your appreciation to me directly, you can do so by clicking here. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Cauliflower-crust Pizza with Pepperoni
- 300 g (10.6 oz) blitzed cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 70 g (2.5 oz) almond flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g (1.8 oz) grated mozzarella
- 50 g (1.8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices pepperoni
- small handful rocket (arugula)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- (To make the cauliflower rice, simply blitz cauliflower florets using a food processor. Your yield weight should be 300g / 10.6oz)
- Cook the blitzed cauliflower in the microwave on high for 6 minutes. Remove and tip onto muslin (cheesecloth). Allow to cool else it will be difficult to handle. Using the muslin, squeeze and discard all the liquid from the cauliflower as much as possible (this a very important step).
- Place the cauliflower into a bowl along with the dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, olive oil, beaten egg and almond flour. Mix well and season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Form a ball of dough with the mixture and place onto a tray (or pizza stone) lined with baking paper. Use clean hands to press down and shape into a round shape (of even height) to resemble a round pizza. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pizza and scatter over the grated mozzarella. Arrange the mushrooms and pepperoni on top and return the pizza to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. (You may want to increase the oven temperature to max for the last 5 minutes to really get that cheese bubbling – just keep an eye on it to ensure the base doesn’t burn.)
- Remove the pizza and top with fresh rocket. Serve immediately. Delicious!
A new-and-improved version of this delicious recipe features in my new cookbook KETO KITCHEN - currently available to pre-order on Amazon worldwide. (For UK readers, it will also be available at Waterstones.)
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 484Kcal / 2025kJ
Sulphites (found in the pepperoni)
See all the Meals to Break a Fast on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.