This is a nifty way to mimic rice when you are serving a dish that needs all its lovely sauces mopped up. I cooked down onions and garlic to add more flavour before adding and cooking the blitzed cauliflower. It’s high in fibre and filling. You can play around and pimp it using different freshly chopped herbs or flavoured oils, but this recipe below is a good ‘base’, so go wild. Be sure to also check out my Creamy Keto Cauliflower Mash.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 5.3g | Fat 7.4g | Protein 4.9g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Cauliflower Rice (Keto)
- 500 g (17.6 oz) cauliflower florets
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and white pepper
- Blitz the cauliflower florets (cut into small, equal-size pieces) in a food processor. (If you are using a mini food processor like I did, do this in two or three batches.) Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick pan or wok and cook the onions and garlic over a low heat. You want them completely softened, not caramelised.
- Tip in all the blitzed cauliflower and increase the heat to high. Stirring continuously to ensure all the cauliflower is coated in the onion/garlic mixture.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Season with salt and white pepper and serve as needed as a side dish.
A new-and-improved version of this delicious recipe features in my cookbook KETO KITCHEN.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 107Kcal / 448kJ
See all the Side dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.