A quick and easy breakfast idea to get some fibre and added nutrients into your morning meal. Baby spinach leaves – when cooked well – are buttery and amazing, and I could have it with just about anything. Since many of my readers want more egg and/or breakfast ideas, I think poached eggs on spinach is a great option to post to make your morning meal a little more interesting. (Be sure to also check out other Breakfast ideas on the site…)
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.6g | Fat 22g | Protein 12g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Poached Eggs on Spinach (Keto)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 TB vinegar
- 10 g (0.4 oz) unsalted grass-fed butter
- 140 g (4.9 oz) baby spinach, little stalks removed
- 2 TB full-fat cream cheese
- pink Himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Crack the eggs into individual ramekins (for easier poaching).
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Reduce to a simmer and give the water a stir to create a swirl. Add the eggs one at a time by lowering the ramekin into the water and tipping the egg into it.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place onto a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and once foaming, add the chopped spinach and cook, stirring continuously until the spinach has completely wilted. Season with salt.
- Divide the spinach between two plates and add a tablespoon of cream cheese on top of each.
- Top with the poached eggs and season with pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving.
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 257Kcal / 1075kJ
Sulphites (may contain)
See all the Breakfast recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: