I am one of those lucky ladies whose hubby brings me coffee in bed every morning. Also known as Caveman coffee, this is Funnyman’s version of our morning cuppa. One of these in the morning and I rarely eat breakfast because I am full and satisfied for many hours. (Some days I have two cups and it satiates me until dinnertime!) It is commonly made in a blender, but we are busy people and can’t be bothered: invest in a mini whisk and you will save yourself plenty of money and time because the most important thing is that the fats are emulsified in the hot coffee. I like sweet coffee, and use Truvia sweetener. If you are starting off, use only a teaspoon MCT Oil then gradually increase the amount to one tablespoon because too much too soon can sometimes go right through you – much like a bullet…
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.4g | Fat 36g | Protein 0.7g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Bulletproof Coffee (Keto)
- 40 g (1.4 oz) double cream
- 1 TB MCT oil
- 1 serving hot coffee
- Add the cream and MCT oil into your coffee cup. Use a mini whisk to whisk the mixture until fats have emulsified. If you like sweet coffee (like I do!), add sweetener now too.
- Place your mug under your coffee machine, pop in the pod and prepare as normal. Give it one more thorough whisk until the fats have emulsified in the hot coffee - and enjoy!
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 330Kcal / 1380kJ
See all the Breakfast recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: