Another way to Funnyman’s heart: CHICKEN WINGS! These are basted in a great keto marinade, similar to the one I made for the Keto Ribs, with the addition of a sprinkling of chilli flakes scattered over at the end. Delicious for lazy Saturday afternoons while he watches the rugby. Definitely made to be enjoyed with your hands: Get messy!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6.2g | Fat 41g | Protein 46g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Low-carb Buffalo Wings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Spread the chicken wings out on a large roasting tray and season with salt. Place the tray into the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the ketchup, tamari, mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic paste and ginger paste in a bowl.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush the marinade onto the chicken wings. Return the wings to the oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and increase the oven to maximum. Baste the chicken wings one last time and cook for 5 more minutes in the hot oven (25 min in total). Season with pink Himalayan salt and scatter over a few chili flakes (and any herbs if you are feeling fancy)..
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 579Kcal / 2422kJ
See all the Light Meals / Appetisers on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.