You will not prepare your ribs any other way after trying this method! These literally fall off the bone. I slow-cooked the rack in an air-tight parcel of foil at a relatively low oven temperature. The low-carb marinade is rich, tasty and packed with flavour. The recipe calls for 1 rack of low-carb pork ribs between two people – an ideal Saturday night treat for you and your loved one. THIS RECIPE IS ACCOMPANIED WITH A VIDEO. (Scroll down to see it, and be sure to watch the blooper reel Funnyman slips in at the end!)
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6.3g | Fat 20g | Protein 24g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
DID YOU KNOW that I am also the author of two cookbooks! My first book KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books London, 2020) is available worldwide and has consistently remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK. My second book LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) is coming out this summer, and is now available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Low-carb Pork Ribs (that fall off the bone)
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (fan oven). This is 150°C for conventional ovens (or 300°F / gas mark 2).
- Place the rack of ribs onto a long piece of aluminium foil and season with a little salt on all sides. Wrap very tightly in the foil to ensure that no steam escapes. The foil parcel should be 100% airtight. If in doubt, double-wrap. If you may have accidentally pierced the foil, double wrap! Place the foil-wrapped ribs foil onto a tray.
- Place in the oven for 3 hours.
- In the meantime, make the marinade by combining the ketchup, tamari, olive oil, mustard, vinegar and the ginger and garlic pastes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- After 3 hours, remove the tray from the oven - but do not open the foil for at least 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your braai (BBQ) or grill, or simply increase the oven temperature to max grill.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the foil and brush both sides with the marinade. Place the ribs onto the tray and into the oven (or place gently on the BBQ grill) and grill for 7-9 minutes, basting regularly until the ribs have warmed through again and the marinade is sticky.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Watch the video (... with blooper reel!)
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 299Kcal / 1251kJ
Celery (may be found in store-bought ketchup - check label)
See all the Pork recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.