You will not prepare your ribs any other way after trying this method! These literally fall off the bone. I slow-cooked the rack in an air-tight parcel of foil at a relatively low oven temperature. The low-carb marinade is rich, tasty and packed with flavour. The recipe calls for 1 rack of low-carb pork ribs between two people – an ideal Saturday night treat for you and your loved one. THIS RECIPE IS ACCOMPANIED WITH A VIDEO. (Scroll down to see it, and be sure to watch the blooper reel Funnyman slips in at the end!)
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6.3g | Fat 20g | Protein 24g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Low-carb Pork Ribs (that fall off the bone)
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (fan oven). This is 150°C for conventional ovens (or 300°F / gas mark 2).
- Place the rack of ribs onto a long piece of aluminium foil and season with a little salt on all sides. Wrap very tightly in the foil to ensure that no steam escapes. The foil parcel should be 100% airtight. If in doubt, double-wrap. If you may have accidentally pierced the foil, double wrap! Place the foil-wrapped ribs foil onto a tray.
- Place in the oven for 3 hours.
- In the meantime, make the marinade by combining the ketchup, tamari, olive oil, mustard, vinegar and the ginger and garlic pastes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- After 3 hours, remove the tray from the oven - but do not open the foil for at least 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your braai (BBQ) or grill, or simply increase the oven temperature to max grill.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the foil and brush both sides with the marinade. Place the ribs onto the tray and into the oven (or place gently on the BBQ grill) and grill for 7-9 minutes, basting regularly until the ribs have warmed through again and the marinade is sticky.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Watch the video (... with blooper reel!)
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 299Kcal / 1251kJ
Celery (may be found in store-bought ketchup - check label)
See all the Pork recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.