These little zero carb keto breakfast ‘muffins’ are something of a mini-frittata. They are very rich, so one batch could last you a couple of mornings (they store well in the fridge). Pop them in the microwave for a quick keto-friendly breakfast. Do change up the filling – mushroom, peppers and different cheese all work well. If you can’t be bothered with cleaning the muffin tin (eggs are notorious for sticking), use cupcake cases. One serving = 2 muffins.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 0g | Fat 27g | Protein 22g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
DID YOU KNOW that I am also the author of two cookbooks! My first book KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books London, 2020) is available worldwide and has consistently remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK. My second book LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) is coming out this summer, and is now available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Keto Breakfast Bacon ‘Muffins’
- 8 rashers streaky smoked bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 120 g (4.2 oz) unsweetened almond milk
- 70 g (2.5 oz) Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- salt and white pepper
- 1 TB unsalted butter, to grease
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Fry the chopped bacon in a hot pan and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and almond milk and add the grated cheese and bacon bits. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Grease a muffin tray with the butter and scoop the mixture into 8 parts of the muffin tray tin. (Do not pour the mixture, as all the bacon will end up in the last few ones. If you scoop, you will have an even distribution of bacon)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use a sharp knife to loosen around the edges and remove.
A new-and-improved version of this delicious recipe features in my cookbook KETO KITCHEN.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 serving = 2 muffins)
Calories 327Kcal / 1368kJ
See all the Breakfast recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.