Oh my… these flavours! I used smoked bacon lardons because they are chunkier (and fattier) than simply dicing up thin bacon rashers yourself. They also render so much glorious fat and flavour when frying up, and this is key to this dish. The tomatoes add lovely sweet acidity. If you can manage 9.9g carbs per serving, this will sufficiently feed 2 people. But it is very rich and filling, so you could divide this into 4 smaller servings and halve the macros accordingly.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 9.9g | Fat 84g | Protein 46g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Bacon & Tomato Gnocchi (Keto)
- Keto Gnocchi, Fats of Life recipe
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 200 g (7.1 oz) smoked bacon lardons
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cherry tomatoes, chopped small
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Parmesan, finely grated
- finely chopped parsley
- Prepare the gnocchi as per the FOL Keto Gnocchi recipe on this site. As mentioned in that recipe, drizzle a little olive oil over and set aside to keep warm if you have not yet made your sauce.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the smoked bacon lardons. Cook over a low-moderate heat until the bacon renders all its fat and juices. Add the garlic and stir continuously until the garlic softens too. (We add the garlic later as it tends to burn very quickly and will turn your batch bitter.)
- Stir in the diced cherry tomatoes and gently warm them through, cooking for only another minute.
- Tip the mixture into the bowl of warm gnocchi and gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Scatter over the finely grated Parmesan. Finish with chopped parsley.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 984Kcal / 4117kJ
See all the Fathead Dough-inspired recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.