Oh my… these flavours! I used smoked bacon lardons because they are chunkier (and fattier) than simply dicing up thin bacon rashers yourself. They also render so much glorious fat and flavour when frying up, and this is key to this dish. The tomatoes add lovely sweet acidity. If you can manage 9.9g carbs per serving, this will sufficiently feed 2 people. But it is very rich and filling, so you could divide this into 4 smaller servings and halve the macros accordingly. I used my almond-flour gnocchi for this recipe, but I think the nut-free version version of my gnocchi is much lighter and may sit better (it will also come in lower in carbs). Either way, enjoy this lovely combination to enjoy over whichever version you prefer. Enjoy!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 9.9g | Fat 84g | Protein 46g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Bacon & Tomato Gnocchi (Keto)
- Keto Gnocchi, FOL recipe
- 2 tsp grass-fed unsalted butter
- 200 g (7.1 oz) smoked bacon lardons
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cherry tomatoes, chopped small
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Parmesan, finely grated
- finely chopped parsley
- Prepare the gnocchi as per the FOL Keto Gnocchi recipe on this site. As mentioned in that recipe, drizzle a little olive oil over and set aside to keep warm if you have not yet made your sauce.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add the smoked bacon lardons. Cook over a low-moderate heat until the bacon renders all its fat and juices. Add the garlic and stir continuously until the garlic softens too. (We add the garlic later as it tends to burn very quickly and will turn your batch bitter.)
- Stir in the diced cherry tomatoes and gently warm them through, cooking for only another minute.
- Tip the mixture into the bowl of warm gnocchi and gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Scatter over the finely grated Parmesan. Finish with chopped parsley.
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 984Kcal / 4117kJ
See all the Fathead Dough-inspired recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: