This is a decadent and rich side vegetable option which can be enjoyed any time of the year. I sliced up the Brussels sprouts to ensure even cooking and a lovely texture, and smothered the whole lot in a very buttery bacon mixture. It needed only a little seasoning. Not too bad for only 20 minutes…
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 4g | Fat 7.6g | Protein 7.9g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
DID YOU KNOW that I am also the author of two cookbooks! My first book KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books London, 2020) is available worldwide and has consistently remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK. My second book LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) is coming out this summer, and is now available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Brussels Sprouts in Bacon Butter (Keto)
- 350 g (12.4 oz) Brussels sprouts (trimmed weight), sliced
- 120 g (4.2 oz) streaky smoked bacon, chopped small
- 60 g (2.1 oz) unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- sea salt flakes
- white pepper
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready. (I used a 500g (17.6oz) packet of Brussels sprouts and after trimming off and discarding the hard ends and outer leaves, I was left with 350g.)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and cook for 1 minute only. You will notice they turn bright green. Immediately drain in a colander and set aside to steam off.
- In the meantime, melt half the butter in a large wok or pan and fry the bacon and garlic over moderately low heat until the bacon has safely cooked through. You will know because you have likely stolen a fatty piece or two straight from the pan like I do (cook's privilege, right?).
- Stir regularly as you don't want the garlic to burn.
- Increase the heat to moderately high and add the remaining half of butter to the pan. The idea is not to cook the bacon to crispy as most people love because that's not what I wanted to do in this recipe. However, you can if you want to but keep an eye on the garlic - it turns bitter when burnt.
- Once the butter has completely melted, tip in the drained Brussels sprouts and stir well to combine and warm the sprouts through again.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper and serve immediately.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 116Kcal / 485kJ
See all the Side Dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.