These are possibly the highest fibre cookies you will ever sink your teeth into. The more I read about our precious microbiome, the more I realise how we need to nurture it. Soluble fibre is essential for the probiotics in our colon and we need to do everything we can to ensure they are well-fed and looked after. Many foods that contain prebiotics (soluble fibre) are too high in carbs, which is why I love inulin powder. The one I use is made from chicory root and you only need 5g a day (5g = 0.4g carbs). I stir inulin powder into my yogurt every day (that’s a double-whammy: a probiotic and prebiotic all-in-one-bowl!), but here I decided to add it to my cookie mix. The high-fibre, sugar-free syrup I use is also packed with fibre – resulting in these delicious cookies coming in at only 2.7g carbs and a whopping 16g fibre each!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.7g | Fat 14g | Protein 4.1g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Almond Caramel Prebiotic Cookies (Keto)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the extra-fine almond flour, inulin, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Gently melt the butter in a small pan - and allow to cool a little before whisking into the egg. Add the liquid stevia to the egg mix. This is what you should have ready:
- Working very quickly, add the SUKRIN syrup to the egg mixture, then immediately pour the egg/syrup mixture into the bowl of flour.
- Combine well until it comes together as a sticky, wet mixture.
- Drop 12 even-sized balls of mixture onto the tray, allowing enough space between each one. Bake for 15-16 minutes, quickly opening the oven to turn the tray halfway through.
- Remove gently and set aside on a cooling rack. Store in a sealed container. I love these dipped in coffee!
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 152Kcal / 636kJ
See all the Dessert Ideas on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.