This is just a quick and easy recipe to show how yummy cooked prawns can be when used to scoop up a rustic, chunky guacamole. It couldn’t be simpler! If you like, you could add some chilli powder to the prawns while they cook!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.4g | Fat 27g | Protein 26g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Shrimp with Chunky Guacamole
For the chunky guacamole
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- small handful coriander, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Always remove excess moisture from fish or meat. Lay them out on a plate or tray lined with good-quality kitchen paper and pat dry. (If you are using frozen prawns, spread them out on a tray double-lined with kitchen paper and leave in the fridge overnight to safely defrost.)
- Thread the prawns onto skewers and cook until done. This can be done on your BBQ (in which case they should be brushed with olive oil beforehand), OR they can simply be fried in butter in a large non-stick pan of hot butter.
- Once the prawns are cooked, squeeze over the juice of 1/2 lime and season with salt flakes. Set aside to keep warm.
- In the meantime, make a quick chunky guacamole: Roughly mash the avocado in a bowl using a fork. Drizzle over the juice of 1/2 lime (this adds acidity but it also prevents the avo turning brown). Stir through the finely chopped chilli and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy the two together. This is simply, but lovely... especially in the summer months. It also makes a lovely appetizer.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 352Kcal / 1473kJ
See all the Seafood recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.