This is a simple and delicious coleslaw made using my Easy Homemade Mayonnaise. I also ‘quick-pickled’ finely chopped red onions (which add even more crunch) before stirring through freshly chopped parsley for additional fresh flavour! Hello low carb summer BBQs!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.7g | Fat 16g | Protein 1.4g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
- 30 g (1 oz) red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.5 TB white wine vinegar
- 150 g (5.3 oz) Savoy cabbage (soft, inner leaves), thinly sliced
- generous handful parsley, finely chopped
- 60 g (2.1 oz) Keto Mayonnaise, Fats of Life recipe
- 60 g (2.1 oz) sour cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start with the onions, chop them very small and place into a bowl with the white wine vinegar. Set aside to lightly pickle while you slice the cabbage and chop the parsley.
- Place the shredded cabbage and parsley into a large bowl.
- In a bowl, combine the Keto Mayonnaise and sour cream. Add the onions - along with the vinegar. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage and toss well to evenly coat the cabbage. Garnish with a little extra parsley if you are feeling fancy like I was.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Calories 161Kcal / 674kJ
Mustard (found in the mayonnaise)
Eggs (found in the mayonnaise)
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.