This is a delicious gooey mess that is packed with flavour and can be enjoyed between 4 people. The macros do not include any accompanying crackers (essential to scoop up the melted mess), but I have a few on this site which you can try, so just run a search for ‘crackers’.. or if you are feeling SUPER CHEESY, look out for my nachos recipe too!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 0.9g | Fat 13g | Protein 0.9g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Drunken Baked Camembert with Garlic & Thyme
- 250 g (8.8 oz) best-quality Camembert round
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced into shards
- 40 g (1.4 oz) dry white wine
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Place the Camembert in a small baking dish (or Camembert baker if you have one). Peel and slice the garlic into very thin shards.
- Use a small paring knife to make many little incisions in the top of the cheese and slide the garlic pieces deep into them. It is important that the garlic is very thinly sliced because it won't be in the oven that long and you want to ensure any rawness is cooked out. Try insert them as deep as possible to prevent any exposed areas burning (like a few did in my pic!)
- Pour the white wine over the cheese into the dish and scatter over the picked thyme leaves. I always place mine onto a tray for easier removal.
- Bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes until the whole lot melts into a gooey mess. Serve scooped up with keto crackers (I have a few different types on Fats of Life... just run a search!)
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 174Kcal / 728kJ
See all the Light Meals / Appetizer ideas on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.