Its difficult to communicate to readers how yummy something is. Sometimes I just shut down from lack of descriptive words (and I hope that my telling you this will inspire you to try it). Here, I simply baked par-cooked broccoli in seasoned double cream and the result was… well, incredible. I have no other words… this cream-baked broccoli will hopefully blow your hair back as much as it did mine. Be sure to also check out all the Side Dishes on this site.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 4.6g | Fat 54g | Protein 5.2g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Exciting news for foodies: Monya’s cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London 2020) is coming to the market this summer. Its currently available to pre-order on Amazon.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. I also send a short e-blast at the end of every month, sign up here to ensure you never miss a recipe. If you loved the recipe and want to show your appreciation to me directly, you can do so by clicking here. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Cream-baked Broccoli (Keto)
- 450 g (15.9 oz) broccoli, approx 1 large head
- 400 g (14.1 oz) double cream
- salt and white pepper
- smoked sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Cut the florets into equal size pieces. Do not discard the stalk - its lovely. However, it does require some trimming. Slice off and discard the woody outer bits and slice the remaining bits thinly (the stalk area takes longer to cook than the florets, this is why we slice them thin.)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli and boil for 4 minutes only.
- Drain well in a colander and leave to steam off.
- Place the partially-cooked, drained broccoli into a suitable size dish.
- In the meantime, heat the cream in a small pan until warmed through. Add a little salt and white pepper to season the cream.
- Place the dish of broccoli onto an oven tray (in case the cream bubbles over) and pour the warm, seasoned cream over the broccoli.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and immediately scatter with smoked sea salt flakes.
- Note: I yielded 340g (12oz) broccoli after trimming - and this is how the macros were calculated. You are likely to achieve a similar weight after trimming.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 525Kcal / 2196kJ
See all the Side Dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.