Everything tastes awesome with bacon with its lovely salty, smokiness… This side dish of stir-fried greens with bacon is sensational! A large portion of this could easily stand as a meal on its own, but it would be better for your macros if this recipe was made for two as a side dish and served alongside a nice portion of protein, such as pork chops. TIP: use only the sliced white parts of leeks as the green ends are bitter. Be sure to check out all the other Side Dish ideas on the site.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6g | Fat 31g | Protein 15g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Stir-fried Greens with Bacon (Keto)
- 2 TB lard, or unsalted grass-fed butter
- 150 g (5.3 oz) streaky smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 150 g (5.3 oz) leeks, sliced
- 150 g (5.3 oz) cabbage, sliced
- white pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- pink Himalayan salt
- Heat one tablespoon lard (or butter) in a wok. Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the pan. Cook over moderate heat until the bacon crisps. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon, ensuring the rendered bacon fat remains in the wok. Set the bacon aside.
- Add the greens to the pan along with the second tablespoon lard (or butter) and stir-fry over moderate heat until the greens have wilted. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute or two, stirring regularly to prevent the garlic burning (and turning bitter). Return the bacon to the pan and stir well to warm through.
- Season the mixture with white pepper and black pepper and serve immediately with pink Himalayan salt scattered over.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 359Kcal / 1502kJ
See all the Side dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.