This is one of my favourite salads to throw together because I always have these elements in the fridge. In summertime, while Funnyman takes care of the meat on the braai (BBQ), I nip into the kitchen to whip this quick side salad up – and it takes me less than 15 minutes!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.6g | Fat 13g | Protein 4.7g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Parmesan & Tomato Iceberg Salad
- Use a small, sharp paring knife to finely chop the tomatoes. Place inside a bowl.
- Peel the garlic clove and use a garlic press to finely crush the garlic into the bowl of tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the thinly sliced lettuce and grated Parmesan.
- You can make both these elements a few hours ahead of time. Cover with clingfilm and leave the tomato mixture at room temperature and the lettuce mixture in the fridge.
- To serve, simply combine both elements. You would be surprised how such a simple salad can be so refreshing and tasty. Lovely at your next BBQ-for-two.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 142Kcal / 594kJ
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.