This is a simple and tasty way to prepare pork ribs if you are steering clear of store-bought marinades which often contain sugar. A spice mix is rubbed onto the meat before it’s very tightly wrapped and slow-cooked to perfection. I finish it off with a very good quality drizzle olive oil and sea salt flakes before tucking in! (Note: You could use a rack of ribs, but at the time of making this dish, I could only find pork ribs that had already been cut, as pictured.)
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.3g | Fat 85g | Protein 57g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Lightly-spiced Keto Pork Ribs
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (fan oven). This is 150°C for conventional ovens (or 300°F / gas mark 2).
- Place the pork ribs into a large bowl and scatter over the ground ginger, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Get stuck in with your hands, rubbing the mixture evenly into the ribs.
- Place the ribs onto a long piece of aluminium foil.
- Wrap very tightly in the foil to ensure that no steam escapes. The foil parcel should be 100% airtight. If in doubt, double-wrap. If you may have accidentally pierced the foil, double wrap! Place the foil-wrapped ribs foil onto a tray.
- Place in the oven for 3 hours. Remove the tray from the oven and wait 20 minutes before opening up the foil.
- Serve warm drizzled with olive oil and scattered with salt flakes and chopped parsley.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 1005Kcal / 4205kJ
See all the Pork recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.