A delicious, massively-flavoured keto ‘pasta’ dish where my homemade ‘faux’ truffle pesto is spooned through shirataki (konjac) noodles. This recipe serves 4, but if you choose to serve less people, simply adjust the ingredients using the plugin facility on the recipe below. Approximately 60g / 2.1oz of pesto is used per serving, if that helps.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.9g | Fat 36g | Protein 3.4g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Konjac Noodles with 'Faux' Truffle Pesto
- Make the 'Faux Truffle Pesto' as per the recipe it links to above on this blog. Set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the shirataki (konjac) noodles. I rinse them very well in a large colander, agitating it with my hands as I run warm water over it. Then, I simmer them in fresh batches of simmering water in a large pan, draining them in-between each simmer. Doing this several times will completely remove the bizarre smell often found in the packaging of these products.
- Drain the noodles well and return to a large, dry pan, stirring through the truffle pesto and olive oil to gently reheat. Once warm, divide between four warm bowls and spoon over the soured cream. Season generously with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over chopped parsley before serving.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 338Kcal / 1414kJ
Sesame (may be found in the truffle-infused oil of the pesto - check labels)
Tree Nuts (may be found in the truffle-infused oil of the pesto - check labels)
See all the Dinner Ideas on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.