What a deliciously interesting salad! I added curry powder and a squeeze of lime juice to regular mayonnaise and mixed in cooked prawns. Served over a simple bed of salad leaves, this filling meal needs nothing else other than chopped coriander and some seasoning. Simple and yummy! xxx
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.4g | Fat 31g | Protein 25g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Curry Prawn Salad
- 330 g (11.6 oz) raw, peeled King prawns
- 15 g (0.5 oz) unsalted butter
- 60 g (2.1 oz) mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp medium curry powder
- squeeze fresh lime
- 70 g (2.5 oz) mixed salad leaves
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- small handful coriander, finely chopped
- sliced red chilli, (optional)
- salt and pepper, (if needed)
- Remove the prawns from their packaging and drain well. We don't want excessive moisture when we cook them. I like to lay them out on a plate lined with kitchen paper and pat them dry.
- Melt the butter in a large, non-stick pan and fry the prawns until they turn pink and are cooked through. Place them onto a plate lined with a clean sheet of kitchen paper to drain off excess grease. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise and curry powder in a bowl, then add a squeeze of lime juice.
- Add the cooled prawns to the bowl of spicy mayo and mix well to combine.
- Serve the salad with the spiced, creamy prawn mixture on top. Scatter over the spring onions, coriander and chillies. You may need additional salt and pepper seasoning. Enjoy with extra lime if you feel it needs it. Quick, easy, filling and super yummy!
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 382Kcal / 1598kJ
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.