Chicken wings and blue cheese dip: YUM! You can serve this up as an appetiser at your next BBQ, or simply enjoy it for dinner like Funnyman and I did. Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper for the wings to suit your liking, but be mindful that you don’t want any flavours to compete with the luxuriously stinky dip!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.2g | Fat 23g | Protein 40g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip (Keto)
For the chicken wings
- 500 g (17.6 oz) chicken wings
- 1/2 TB paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- generous pinch salt
For the blue cheese dip
- 85 g (3 oz) blue cheese
- 40 g (1.4 oz) double cream
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Remove the chicken wings from their packaging and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place them in a bowl and scatter over the paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and a generous pinch of salt. Get stuck in with clean hands and work the spices into the chicken so they are coated evenly.
- Spread the chicken wings out on a tray (skin side up) lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the sauce. It couldn't be easier. Simply add the blue cheese and cream to a small pan and heat gently until the cheese completely melts. Allow the cream to reduce slightly, stirring the pan regularly.
- When the chicken is done, season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Season with sauce with a crack of black pepper and garnish the whole lot in chopped parsley. Dip the wings in the blue cheese, or simply drizzle it over.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 368Kcal / 1540kJ
See all the Poultry Recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.