Chia is very in high fibre and I often use the ground kind in my recipes. However, whole chia seeds are just as fantastic. They need more love though as they are pretty flavourless. Here, I experimented a little and made breakfast pots based on the same ingredients one would use to make a Bulletproof Coffee! The coffee flavour is subtle, but you can increase this if your coffee maker makes espressos (or you can boost it using instant coffee granules). Playing around until you are happy is the goal with this one – so have some fun! I sprinkled mine with some ground cinnamon which is optional, but it does add another flavour dimension which is lovely, so I would recommend it…
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.3g | Fat 24g | Protein 4.6g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Bulletproof Coffee Chia Pots (Keto)
- Make a cup of black coffee, approximately 180ml. Pour into a bowl and whisk in the MCT oil and almond milk.
- Add the chia seeds and stir well to combine.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge so the chia seeds can soften and swell overnight.
- It may be a good idea to give it a little stir once or twice about an hour after you have placed it in the fridge.
- The next morning, stir through the sweetener and the double cream. Divide between two serving bowls and sprinkle with ground cinnamon (and additional sweetener if needed).
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 245Kcal / 1025kJ
See all the Breakfast ideas on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: