My butcher hooked me up with a whopping kilogram of pork ribs, so I got to work creating a delicious glaze to brush over the ribs while we braaied one day on lock down. I used tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) and delicious The Skinny Food Co Sugar-free Maple Syrup along with other few bits. This will sufficiently feed 4 hungry people at your next BBQ – but I especially want you to try my version of pre-cooking the ribs ahead of going onto the grill. I wrap them in a completely air-tight parcel of foil, so they literally steam in their own juices for 3 hours. They fall off the bone. Heaven.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.9g | Fat 56g | Protein 41g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
BBQ Ribs in Tamari & Skinny® Maple Syrup (Low carb)
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (fan oven). This is 150°C for conventional ovens (or 300°F / gas mark 2).
- I cut my rack in half to make for easier handling. Season all sides with salt.
- Place the ribs onto two long pieces of aluminium foil. Wrap very tightly in the foil to ensure that no steam escapes. The foil parcel should be 100% airtight. If in doubt, double-wrap. If you may have accidentally pierced the foil, double wrap! Place the foil-wrapped ribs foil onto a tray.
- Place in the oven for 3 hours.
- In the meantime, make the marinade by combining the ketchup, tamari, Skinny® Maple sugar-free syrup and garlic powder in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- After 3 hours, remove the tray from the oven - but do not open the foil for at least 20-25 minutes - allow the meat to rest. Prepare the BBQ.
- When the BBQ is ready, carefully place the ribs onto the grill and use a silicon brush to baste all sides with the the marinade. The low-and-slow cooking of the ribs earlier will result in them practically melting off the bone, so be gentle with them
- Once all the marinade is used up and the ribs are sticky, serve seasoned with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with snipped chives if you are feeling a little fancy.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 683Kcal / 2858kJ
Celery (present in the store-bought reduced-sugar ketchup)
See all the Pork recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.