This is a very quick post to remind you how delicious smoked mackerel is! Mackerel is an oily fish, packed with essential Omega-3 which comes highly recommended to include in your diet. Smoked mackerel can be used to make an easy smoked mackerel paté or it can simply be broken up and added to a delicious, fresh summer salad like I did here…
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.2g | Fat 37g | Protein 25g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Smoked Mackerel & Egg Salad (Keto)
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer over moderately high heat. For soft-boiled eggs, simmer for 6-7 minutes then remove. Once cool enough to handle, peel and slice in half.
- Simply drizzle the salad leaves with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice from half a lemon (catch the pips!). Toss well to coat. Divide between two bowls and scatter over the snipped chives.
- Break up the smoked mackerel into smaller pieces over the salad (I always remove the skins before doing so and enjoy them on their own another time). Use a microplane or zester to finely grate over lemon zest. Top with the thin red onion slices. Add the egg and season with a little sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 442Kcal / 1849kJ
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.