This is a very quick post to remind you how delicious smoked mackerel is! Mackerel is an oily fish, packed with essential Omega-3 which comes highly recommended to include in your diet. Smoked mackerel can be used to make an easy smoked mackerel paté or it can simply be broken up and added to a delicious, fresh summer salad like I did here…
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.2g | Fat 37g | Protein 25g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Smoked Mackerel & Egg Salad (Keto)
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer over moderately high heat. For soft-boiled eggs, simmer for 6-7 minutes then remove. Once cool enough to handle, peel and slice in half.
- Simply drizzle the salad leaves with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice from half a lemon (catch the pips!). Toss well to coat. Divide between two bowls and scatter over the snipped chives.
- Break up the smoked mackerel into smaller pieces over the salad (I always remove the skins before doing so and enjoy them on their own another time). Use a microplane or zester to finely grate over lemon zest. Top with the thin red onion slices. Add the egg and season with a little sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 442Kcal / 1849kJ
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.