This is such a beautiful, tasty one-tray dish where trimmed, quartered and roasted, fragrant fennel bulbs are enjoyed alongside simple store-bought porkies (gluten-free please, if you can!). I simply have nothing more to add in this intro, other than to encourage you to enjoy this delicious dinner option which is only 2.9g carbs per serving xxx
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.9g | Fat 30g | Protein 20g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Sausage and Fennel Tray Bake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven). This is 220°C for conventional ovens (or 425°F / gas mark 7).
- Trim the fennel bulbs and set aside the little fronds. These will burn, so they should be removed. However, do not throw them away - instead keep them to be used as a fresh garnish later.
- Trim and quarter the two fennel bulbs* lengthways into equal sized pieces. Place into a bowl along with the 8 porkies. Add the olive oil and garlic powder to the bowl and gently toss the whole lot to evenly coat. (Work gently as you don't want the fennel falling apart.)*The yield of edible fennel I ended up using (after trimming) was 270g (9.5oz).
- Spread the mixture out onto a large, greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. I always rotate the tray halfway through and also use tongs to turn the pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Serve scattered with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the fennel fronds you set aside earlier for a pretty, fresh finish!
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 358Kcal / 1498kJ
See all the Pork recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.