This is a great homemade sauce to use as a pizza base or to smother your meatballs over courgetti. (See my Low-carb Cabbage and Mince Rolls where I used the full batch.) The recipe yields a 500g / 17.6oz batch which will sufficiently feed 4 people as a ‘pasta’ sauce. (The macros have been calculated that one person’s serving will be approximately 125g / 4.4oz.) If you don’t need to use it all, you can freeze the remaining in handy batches. Don’t forget to stir in some dried oregano for an authentic Italian flavour.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 7.7g | Fat 3.4g | Protein 1.4g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Exciting news for foodies: Monya’s cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London 2020) is coming to the market this summer. Its currently available to pre-order on Amazon.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. I also send a short e-blast at the end of every month, sign up here to ensure you never miss a recipe. If you loved the recipe and want to show your appreciation to me directly, you can do so by clicking here. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Roasted Tomato Sauce (Keto)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan oven). This is 180°C for conventional ovens (or 350°F / gas mark 4).
- Place the unpeeled garlic cloves onto a piece of aluminium foil. Drizzle over the teaspoon olive oil and wrap up tightly, ensuring the little foil parcel is sealed air-tight (make sure the skin of each clove is intact.)
- Halve the tomatoes and spread out on a roasting tray. Drizzle over the tablespoon olive oil and toss well to evenly coat. Add the garlic foil parcel to the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove and tip into a bowl or pan. Add the white wine vinegar. Open up the little foil parcel of roasted garlic. Once the cloves are cool enough to handle, slice off the top end of each and slide out the roasted puree.
- Use a hand blender to blitz the mixture well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Add a pinch of dried oregano for an authentic Italian flavour.)
- Set aside to use as a pizza base sauce or 'pasta' sauce over your meatballs and courgetti.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 67Kcal / 280kJ
See all the Sauces and Condiments on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.