Too easy! This is a lovely, tasty salad to enjoy as a side salad at your BBQ. It is super-simple to make, and I just love the hot pink colour! Be sure to enjoy it with a lovely cut of meat which will offer some much-needed protein and additional fat.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.7g | Fat 14g | Protein 0.9g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Hot Pink Cabbage Slaw
- 250 g (8.8 oz) red cabbage, sliced very thinly
- 100 g (3.5 oz) red wine vinegar
- 70 g (2.5 oz) mayonnaise
- sea salt flakes
- chopped herbs of your choice, (optional)
- Use a sharp knife to slice your cabbage as thinly as possible.
- Place into a large bowl and season with a little salt. Pour over the red wine vinegar and toss well to evenly coat. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. (Stirring it every now and then helps to ensure the cabbage is evenly 'marinating' in the acidic vinegar.)
- After 30 minutes, drain the cabbage in a colander to remove any excess vinegar.
- Tip the drained cabbage into a bowl and stir through the mayonnaise. Taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning with salt flakes.
- Serve with some herbs or salad leaves if you want to (this is optional and not included in the macros).
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 141Kcal / 590kJ
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.