This is just a quickie post to remind you about the quick and easy, classic prawn cocktail! I have gone proper eighties retro and served it on a bed of shredded lettuce, but it would be equally delicious over a half avocado! Funnyman and I had this as a quick desk lunch, but you could increase the yield (on the plugin facility below) to make more servings if you want to put this out an a low carb appetizer at your next dinner party – its almost too easy. I added Worcestershire to the sauce as it adds a depth of flavour, but do check the allergen list at the very bottom of this page. I served these beauties up in little dessert bowls because they were the perfect size!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.7g | Fat 14g | Protein 15g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Easy Prawn Cocktail
- 85 g (3 oz) iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 35 g (1.2 oz) no-sugar added tomato ketchup
- 35 g (1.2 oz) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- lemon juice, to taste
- 150 g (5.3 oz) cooked, peeled prawns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- finely chopped parsley, (optional garnish)
- Thinly slice the iceberg lettuce and divide between two small serving bowls.
- Combine the ketchup, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Adjust the seasoning with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drain the prawns well before adding to the bowl. (There is often a lot of moisture in the packaging which will result in a watery mixture if you simply tip the whole lot in.)
- Mix well to combine and divide the mixture between the two serving bowls over the lettuce. Drizzle over any excess sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you have any fresh herbs, a small garnish would look pretty (I used finely chopped curly parsley).
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 196Kcal / 820kJ
Eggs (present in the mayonnaise)
Fish (present in the Worcestershire sauce)
Barley (present in the Worcestershire sauce)
Sulphites (present in the Worcestershire sauce)
See all the Seafood recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.