This delicious creamy pasta may be a little ‘dirty keto’ in that it uses several, convenient store-bought foods, but OH MY, does it deliver on flavour! I guess all us ‘low-carbers’ live a little dirty every now and then. I added hot sauce to this ‘pasta’ sauce for extra kick and simply stirred it through my favourite brand of shirataki / konjac ‘fettucine‘. Please do not omit the parsley and lemon zest garnish at the end as they are essential fresh flavours that bring the whole dish together.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6.3g | Fat 22g | Protein 16g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Creamy Crab & Spinach 'Pasta' with Lemon and Parsley
- 400 g (14.1 oz) konjac pasta, fettuccine shape
- 1 tsp unsalted grass-fed butter
- 100 g (3.5 oz) baby spinach
- 170 g (6 oz) garlic-and-herb soft cream cheese, (store-bought)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) crab meat, (store-bought)
- 2 TB double cream
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- pinch dried chili flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful curly-leaf parsley, chopped to garnish
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- Remove the konjac pasta from its packaging and rinse very well under cold, running water. Do not be alarmed by the strange smell – just keep rinsing. Place the pasta into a pan of hot water and simmer on low for several minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a large pan or wok and cook the spinach over moderate heat until it completely wilts. Use your spatula to 'chop' up the cooked spinach.
- Add the cream cheese, crab meat, double cream, Sriracha and chili flakes to the pan and mix well to combine as it warms through.
- Drain the noodles in a colander or sieve, then add to the pan of creamy crab mixture. Mix well to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide between two warm bowls and generously garnish with the finely chopped parsley and the finely grated zest of lemon.
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 290Kcal / 1213kJ
See all the Seafood recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: