This is a lovely, simple idea to jazz up cauliflower. Be sure to trim the florets very small for maximum flavour, as we fry them in butter (yum) before finishing in the oven.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 4g | Fat 14g | Protein 4.7g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Cauliflower in Thyme Butter (Keto)
- 500 g (17.6 oz) cauliflower florets, trimmed very small
- 60 g (2.1 oz) unsalted grass-fed butter
- 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan oven). This is 190°C for conventional ovens (or 375°F / gas mark 5).
- Trim the cauliflower into very small florets.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan or wok over moderate heat. Scatter in the picked thyme leaves.
- Once the butter starts to foam and smell nutty, tip in all the little cauliflower florets and cook them 'stir-fry-style', stirring regularly until the florets are all coated in the thyme butter and start to caramelise (approximately 10 minutes).
- Tip the mixture out onto a large baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower cooks through and caramelises further.
- Scatter over pink Himalayan salt before serving and any other fresh thyme you may still have kicking about.
- Scroll down to PIN this recipe - and don't forget to tag me on Instagram @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Photographs and recipes on FATS OF LIFE® are copyright © Monya Kilian Palmer.
Calories 156Kcal / 653kJ
See all the Side Dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Follow me on your preferred social media channel: