This is a lovely, simple idea to jazz up cauliflower. Be sure to trim the florets very small for maximum flavour, as we fry them in butter (yum) before finishing in the oven.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 4g | Fat 14g | Protein 4.7g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Cauliflower in Thyme Butter (Keto)
- 500 g (17.6 oz) cauliflower florets, trimmed very small
- 60 g (2.1 oz) unsalted butter
- 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan oven). This is 190°C for conventional ovens (or 375°F / gas mark 5).
- Trim the cauliflower into very small florets.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan or wok over moderate heat. Scatter in the picked thyme leaves.
- Once the butter starts to foam and smell nutty, tip in all the little cauliflower florets and cook them 'stir-fry-style', stirring regularly until the florets are all coated in the thyme butter and start to caramelise (approximately 10 minutes).
- Tip the mixture out onto a large baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower cooks through and caramelises further.
- Scatter over pink Himalayan salt before serving and any other fresh thyme you may still have kicking about.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 156Kcal / 653kJ
See all the Side Dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.