This is a rich and tasty one-pan dish that can serve anything between 2-4 people. I advise you share it between 4 because it is so rich! Its like creamed leeks meets oeufs en cocotte – with a decadent scattering of oozy Camembert! Just lovely!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.9g | Fat 28g | Protein 14g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Egg and Leek Bake with Camembert (Keto)
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 200 g (7 oz) sliced leeks , (white parts only)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 120 g (4.2 oz) double cream
- salt and ground white pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Camembert cheese
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6). Have all your ingredients prepped and ready. (Steer clear of using the very green ends of leeks, they are tougher and often bitter).
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan (one that is suitable for hob and oven. I used a cast-iron skillet) and add the leeks, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Stir regularly and you will notice that they soften and turn a brighter green.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and stir well until it has evaporated. This won't take long. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the cream. Season the mixture with salt and white pepper. Cook just a little longer to warm the cream through and most of the moisture is lost.
- Remove the pan from the heat and create four little holes in the mixture. Crack an egg into each. Break up the camembert and scatter it around the pan. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- The whites and yolks will harden; this is normal. Serve scattered with sea salt flakes, freshly ground black pepper and a scattering of chopped parsley.This can easily be enjoyed by two people, but I have calculated it to serve 4 as it is quite rich!
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 321Kcal / 1343kJ
See all the Dinner ideas on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.