I am either in my kitchen developing recipes (which I have thoroughly planned and thought through), OR I am fluttering about finding ways to use up leftover goods in my fridge and pantry before the Next Big Shop. The latter scenario is often my favourite because I am experimenting – and these playful, more relaxed nights can result in deliciously interesting creations! This recipe is an example of one of those nights. I had a half-jar of char-grilled roasted peppers* in the fridge, roast chicken pieces from the night before and some Ras el Hanout in the pantry which I had been meaning to play around with some more. This creamy, fragrant and dead-easy chicken ‘sauce’ can be served over your favourite ‘base’, like cauliflower rice, courgetti or shirataki (konjac) ‘fettucine’. Enjoy! xxx
*For those in other parts of the world, red peppers are also called red bell peppers or capsicum. The char-grilled / roasted kind are sold in all stores, usually in the anti-pasti section. They have been charred, then peeled before being stored in brine, usually in glass jars. They have a lovely smoky flavour.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 5.5g | Fat 52g | Protein 25g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog I run as a hobby. I love spending time on it, but did you know that I am also the author of two best-selling cookbooks? KETO KITCHEN (2020) and LAZY KETO KITCHEN (2021) – both available worldwide and very well-priced. I have a third book on the way: BUDGET KETO KITCHEN, (coming mid-2022).
Perhaps its time to start building up your Keto Kitchen collection if you have not already done so. Not only will my books make beautiful Christmas stocking fillers for loved ones interested in a low carb lifestyle, but you could simply treat YOURSELF! Your family (whether they live keto or not) will not be disappointed with all your exciting, delicious creations!
“Take a peak in My Keto Pantry, which shows the preferred brands of ‘special’ ingredients I use. Be sure to also sign up to my newsletter where I send a monthly recap (ensuring you never miss a new recipe!)” – Monya
Chicken with Spiced Red Pepper Cream (Keto)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) char-grilled / roasted red pepper, drained and roughly chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) double cream
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 200 g (7 oz) cooked chicken, shredded or finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful small mint leaves, chopped
- I used leftover roast chicken thighs here. I simply slid the meat off the bones and shredded / chopped it into smaller pieces. My total weight of my cooked chicken meat was 200g / 7oz and contained a bit of crispy skin too. Assuming you have some cooked chicken leftovers at hand, continue with the recipe:
- Remove the char-grilled / roasted red peppers (also called bell pepper or capsicum, depending on where you are in the world) from the jar and drain well on kitchen paper. Roughly chop and place inside a mini food processor (food chopper) and add the cream.
- Blitz well until you are left with a smooth mixture. Its always good to stop and scrape down the sides to ensure an even blitz. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan or wok and lightly fry the garlic over moderate heat until softened. Add the Ras el Hanout and cook until the pan starts looking dry. Pour in the red pepper cream and continue to cook until the sauce is warmed through and starting to reduce a little, approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked chicken pieces to gently warm through and season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve as desired with a scattering of chopped mint leaves which add a lovely fresh element!
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 587Kcal / 2456kJ
See all the Chicken & Poultry recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.