I realise we are currently enjoying summer here in the UK, but a warm meal can still be enjoyed all year round, so why should soup be any different? This simple soup is made using cauliflower, a good-quality chicken stock and Cheddar, then garnished with plenty of crispy bacon, more cheese and fresh parsley. I advise you please source the strongest Cheddar for maximum flavour punch.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 6.9g | Fat 33g | Protein 37g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but did you know that I am also the author of two cookbooks? My first book Keto Kitchen (published by Kyle Books in 2020) is available worldwide (and has remained one of the best-selling low carb cookbooks in the UK). My second book Lazy Keto Kitchen (coming mid-year, 2021) is currently available to pre-order.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Cauliflower, Bacon & Cheddar Soup (Keto)
- 120 g (4.2 oz) streaky smoked bacon, chopped small
- 1 tsp lard
- 400 g (14.1 oz) cauliflower
- 900 g (31.8 oz) chicken stock
- salt and white pepper
- 60 g (2.1 oz) extra-strong, full-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- smoked sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Fry the bacon pieces in a pan with the lard until golden and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon or skimmer spoon to remove the bacon and set aside to keep warm. Do not discard the rendered fat left in the pan.
- In the meantime, trim the cauliflower into even-sized pieces.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large pan and add the cauliflower. Simmer over moderate heat, covering the pot partially with a lid.
- Cook until the cauliflower completely softens. Once you are satisfied (pierce a floret with a fork - it should immediately fall off), pour the rendered fat and oil from the bacon pan into the pan of cauliflower.
- Use a hand blender to blitz the mixture to a smooth soup.
- Stir in half the grated extra-strong Cheddar cheese and allow to melt in. Season the soup with salt and white pepper.
- Divide the soup between two warm bowls and scatter over the remaining grated extra-strong Cheddar and the warm, crispy bacon bits. Finish with a scattering of smoked sea flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 473Kcal / 1979kJ
See all the Soups on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.