Need a pretty-looking appetiser in a hurry? These little domes are simply made using seasoned cream cheese wrapped in smoked salmon. To achieve the cute ‘dome’ shape, I shaped them using clingfilm-lined mini pudding (dariole) moulds, then tipped them out upside down before serving, making them an ideal ‘make-ahead’ appetiser. Try these with slices of toasted Quick Chia Keto Bread (not included in macros) for a lovely, fresh appetiser for four people.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.2g | Fat 14g | Protein 15g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Exciting news for foodies: Monya’s cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London 2020) is coming to the market this summer. Its currently available to pre-order on Amazon.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. I also send a short e-blast at the end of every month, sign up here to ensure you never miss a recipe. If you loved the recipe and want to show your appreciation to me directly, you can do so by clicking here. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Salmon & Cream Cheese Pots (Keto)
- 200 g (7.1 oz) smoked salmon
- 30 g (1.1 oz) smoked salmon, (additional), chopped small
- 130 g (4.6 oz) full-fat cream cheese (soft cheese)
- 1 tsp snipped chives
- 1/2 lemon, finely grated zest
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut out squares of cling film and line 4 mini pudding / dariole moulds.
- Using 50g (1.8oz) of salmon slices for each mould, line each one, allowing them to overlap slightly.
- Finely chop the (second reference to) smoked salmon and add to a bowl. Add the cream cheese, snipped chives and finely grated lemon zest. Season with freshly ground black pepper and combine well. This is what you should have ready:
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the four moulds.
- Using the overlapped salmon slices, fold up and close the little parcels.
- (If you are making this ahead of time, simply close up by covering with the overlapping clingfilm and place in the fridge until needed.)
- To serve, tip the moulds upside down and remove the cling film.
- *Serve spread on keto crackers, toasted keto bread slices or simply serve with a rocket (arugula) salad (*not included in macros).
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 188Kcal / 787kJ
Eggs (may be found in some brands of cream cheese - check label)
See all the Light Meals & Appetiser recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.