You will love this filling and rich little dish. It makes for an interesting breakfast, but we actually enjoyed this for supper with a fresh green salad on the site. I used spicy pepperoni, but thin slices of chorizo would also work. THIS RECIPE IS ACCOMPANIED WITH A VIDEO. (Scroll down to see it, and be sure to watch the blooper reel Funnyman slips in at the end!)
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 1.1g | Fat 45g | Protein 19g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Pepperoni Eggs (Low carb)
- 80 g (2.8 oz) double cream
- 4 large eggs
- 40 g (1.4 oz) double cream (additional)
- salt and white pepper
- 20 g (0.7 oz) hot pepperoni, thinly sliced
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- snipped chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Divide the (first reference to) double cream between two shallow ovenproof dishes.
- Crack two eggs into each dish, being careful not to break the yolks. Cover with the remaining (second reference to) cream and season with salt and white pepper.
- Slice the pepperoni slices into thin pieces and scatter them into the dishes.
- Place the dishes onto a tray (easier to remove) and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes - or until the mixture has set.
- Season with a little sea salt flakes (if needed) and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over snipped chives and tuck in with a teaspoon!
Watch the video (... with blooper reel!)
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 482Kcal / 2017kJ
See all the Breakfast on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.