This is a mighty big breakfast where each serving is exactly as pictured: two halves of the toasted Keto Breakfast Muffins recipe, topped with smoked salmon and two perfectly poached eggs, then the whole lot is smothered in Keto Hollandaise Sauce. A ‘keto salmon eggs benedict’, I called it. As the pic shows, its a generous meal (at only 3g carbs!) and good enough any time of the day, so tuck in!
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 3g | Fat 63g | Protein 48g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
*IN THE NEWS*: My cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London) is now available to purchase in paperback or e-book. Click here to read more about where it can be purchased (where ever you are in the world), plus some of the fantastic reviews that have been coming in!
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Keto Salmon Eggs Benedict
- If you haven’t done so already, slice both Keto Breakfast Muffins in half. Heat the butter in a pan and cook all four slices until toasty on both sides with a lovely crust. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into individual ramekins (for easier poaching).
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Reduce to a simmer and give the water a stir to create a swirl. Add the eggs one at a time by lowering the ramekin into the water and tipping the egg into it.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place onto a plate lined with kitchen paper. Poach all four eggs.
- Divide the salmon between each of the four toasted muffins. Place a poached egg on each and then pour over the Hollandaise Sauce and season with pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finish with chopped parsley.
A new-and-improved version of this delicious recipe features in my cookbook KETO KITCHEN.
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. I have disabled the print option for my recipes (doing my bit to save the trees), so be sure to bookmark this page in your browser for future reference.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 773Kcal / 3234kJ
See all the Breakfast recipes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.