Double cream is amazing, but when it’s baked in the oven – well, it will change your life! I know that’s a very ambitious statement to make, but you need to trust me on this one (and I think it’s the reason that my Keto Celeriac Dauphinoise is still the most popular recipe on Fats of Life). The flavour of baked cream completely changes into a deep, rich full-flavoured smack of heaven! Here, I chose to do courgettes baked in cream and I was not disappointed. Be sure to finish the dish with plenty of seasoning (I love using smoked sea salt flakes).
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 2.5g | Fat 37g | Protein 2.4g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Exciting news for foodies: Monya’s cookbook KETO KITCHEN (published by Kyle Books, London 2020) is coming to the market this summer. Its currently available to pre-order on Amazon.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with all the recipes on Fats of Life. If you haven’t already done so, please read the RECIPE SUCCESS page which is packed with handy tips and advice. I also send a short e-blast at the end of every month, sign up here to ensure you never miss a recipe. If you loved the recipe and want to show your appreciation to me directly, you can do so by clicking here. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Courgettes Baked in Cream (Keto)
- 300 g (10.6 oz) courgettes, (trimmed weight)
- 270 g (9.5 oz) double cream
- smoked sea salt flakes
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Trim the ends of the courgettes and slice at an angle into 1cm (0.4-in approx.)
- Place the slices into a shallow ovenproof dish. You can use any appropriately size dish. I chose to use two small-medium size, shallow dishes. Place the dish(es) onto a tray for easier removal.
- Heat the cream in a small pan until warmed through. Pour the warm cream over the courgettes and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and generously scatter over smoked sea salt flakes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme (if desired) and serve with your favourite meat or fish, or simply tuck in and enjoy as is.
UK READERS: Missing anything you might need? The green links on the recipe above are directed at the global Amazon market and will auto-direct to your country (if you are not in the USA) and possibly show up an incorrect product. However, the image ads below are especially targeted at UK readers, and will link to the products I use and recommend.
Calories 350Kcal / 1464kJ
See all the Side Dishes on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site are meticulously calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The author, Monya Kilian Palmer is trained in using this superior software in order to provide you accurate data. The author is not a medical professional and this website has been designed only to provide you with recipes to suit the keto lifestyle you have chosen and discussed with your GP. The macros calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on Monya’s weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count for you.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, I am part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products I recommend on this page are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.