What a super way to get the family to eat more greens! I love broccoli (and personally need no convincing), but I am wise to the fact that if you add bacon and mayonnaise to just about anything: You have a winner! I especially love the crunch and texture the toasted seeds and nuts bring so don’t omit them if you can help it.
– – – – – – PER SERVING – – – – – –
Carbs 5g | Fat 37g | Protein 14g
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fats of Life® is a blog that I run as a hobby, but I am also the author of two cookbooks that are available worldwide: Keto Kitchen (2020) and Lazy Keto Kitchen (2021). Published by Kyle Books in London, both books have been created with a global audience in mind, so UK and US weights are offered. All the delicious, inspiring recipes feature beautiful accompanying photos and include macros per serving.
“I want you to achieve the best outcome with the recipes on Fats of Life®. Be sure to read the Recipe Success page which is packed with handy tips and advice. For my UK readers, visit the In My Keto Pantry page, which shows the exact special ingredients I use. Happy Cooking, everyone!” – Monya
Broccoli & Bacon Salad
- 400 g (14 oz) broccoli florets
- 200 g (7 oz) smoked bacon lardons
- 10 g (0.4 oz) pumpkin seeds
- 10 g (0.4 oz) pine nuts
- 120 g (4.2 oz) mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- There are several things you can get on the go at the same time to smash this salad out quickly.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the broccoli for 2-3 minutes. You want a slight bite, so test a piece. Drain well in a colander. Season with salt while still warm, but leave to cool completely.
- Cook the bacon lardons in a non-stick pan or wok until done to your liking. I like them only partially crispy. Remove and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain excess grease.
- Wipe the pan clean and toast the pumpkin seeds and pine nuts over moderate heat in the dry pan until the pumpkin seeds pop open and the pine nuts turn golden. Remove and set aside.
- Once the broccoli has cooled completely, mix with the mayonnaise and half the bacon lardons. Tip into your salad bowl, and scatter over the remaining bacon lardons and the toasted seeds and nuts. Yum!
For those on INSTAGRAM, tag me @mkilianpalmer so we can all see your lovely creations! Keep scrolling: you can PIN this recipe for later, see detailed macros and browse other recipes in this category. You can also drop me a comment if you have any questions about this recipe. I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible. Monya xxx
FOR READERS OUTSIDE THE UK: Missing anything you might need? The links on this website are directed at the UK market and show the products I use here. However, you can get everything you might need from Amazon.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 411Kcal / 1720kJ
See all the Salads on Fats of Life:
Disclaimer: The nutritional analysis, macro and allergen breakdown of the recipes on this site have been manually and carefully calculated using the cloud-based software NUTRITICS®. NUTRITICS® is fully approved by the relevant Trading Standards organizations and is EU and FDA-compliant. The macro calculations are provided as a courtesy to you based on the author's weighing of ingredients when creating the dishes. If Erythritol (a sugar polyol) has been used in any of the recipes, it has already been manually excluded from the final carbohydrate count. The author is a chef - not a medical professional - and this website has been designed to provide you with recipe ideas to suit the low carb lifestyle you have discussed with your GP.
Disclosure: Like many blogs, Fats of Life is part of the Affiliates Program on Amazon. The links to the products recommended here are affiliate links, meaning - at no additional cost to you - the author will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.