My books have done well, but its a weird world we live in: I liken it to Funnyman (my husband, Mark) who is a professional stand-up comedian. He can smash a gig and have the entire room doubled over in laughing, but he finds himself bizarrely focussed on that one person in the audience that is not even cracking a smile. It can be artistically heart breaking. Please read the notes below: its from the heart of a very hard-working cookbook author:
- If your book arrived late, damaged, or with a (very rare) printing malfunction: get a refund from where you bought it from: you are fully entitled to do so. Please do not give the book itself a poor rating. You might love it when you get your replacement. Remember, the author has nothing to do with distribution, packaging, or delivery. It is so disappointing for an author to read when this happens as its beyond our control.
- One poor review on my first best-selling book KETO KITCHEN said “Rubbish: no pictures”. How bizarre…? Every single recipe in both books (apart from the mayonnaise and salad dressing in book 1) is shown beautifully photographed. I suspect this person was rating the wrong book? Please check what book you are rating, mistakes can happen if you are in a hurry.
- One lovely reader commented that my second book, LAZY KETO KITCHEN was ‘heavy’ on using konjac / shirataki noodles. This is not true. There are a handful of recipes that call for these ‘noodles’, and if you aren’t a fan, you can still follow the recipe the same using your favourite low carb noodles, courgetti or cauliflower rice as a ‘base’. I do mention this several times where it is featured. This person mentioned that they returned the book…. what a shame, they are missing out on all the wonderful recipes without even having tried any of them.
- Remember there is a large team of recipe testers (from all corners of the globe) who helped me shape each dish to perfection. There should be no duds, but often people swop out ingredients etc. I want nothing more than for your recipes to be a success, so drop me a DM via any of my social media channels – I will be happy to respond to any queries to help you along :)
- One funny story I remember from last year was someone writing in a Facebook community group that there “were not enough fish recipes” in Keto Kitchen. About 4 hours later, in another Facebook Community Group, someone else wrote that there were too many fish recipes. LOL! I had a little giggle and reminded myself that you can’t please all the people all the time.
- If you enjoy a book (any book) that you purchase: please take a minute or two to leave a review on the website where you bought it from. I cannot explain how SPECIAL it is for an author to read the reviews (and yes, we read THEM ALL!).
Lastly, thank you all for the support! I LOVE seeing your tagged creations on social media! Keep them coming.
Pssssst, I am currently working on Book 3 – and loving every minute of it! Coming June 2022… :)